- Applying to Brookwood Primary School
We are delighted that you are considering Brookwood School for your child.
Following on from our excellent Ofsted inspection in 2018, we are continuing our journey, making sure the wellbeing of children and families is at the heart of everything we do.
We are also immensely proud of the fact that we educate children from service families. As the closest school to the Alexander and Elizabeth Barracks, and with the highest proportion of children from service families in the local area, we have a long and successful history of working with soldiers and their families.
We offer the following benefits for our families to ensure the best possible school experience:
- A friendly, welcoming and nurturing environment – as a unique, small and community-oriented school, we get to know your children and their needs intimately and we are wholly committed to working in partnership with you to give them the opportunities they need to thrive. We have just one class per year group, each with up to 30 children, and being smaller provides us with many advantages. It helps us create a strong and nurturing family atmosphere where our support for pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding (Ofsted 2018).
- OUTSTANDING provision for Early Years, Pupil Behaviour and Personal Development and Welfare (Ofsted 2018) - our passion is to develop the whole child, celebrate strengths and work with your children to maximise their individual potential. Brookwood pupils’ behaviour is impeccable. They are exceptionally polite and courteous. The atmosphere in and around school is calm and focused on learning (Ofsted 2018). We build our behaviour and reward system around our Heart of Brookwood Values: happiness, enthusiasm, aspiration, respect and togetherness. The heart of Brookwood values underpin all of the learning and behaviour attitudes in school and as a result, behaviour is excellent.
- A dedicated pastoral support team – working with you to help settle your children and your family, and to get to know the school and the area.
- A core curriculum that develops strong intellectual, creative and physical skills for your children - we actively encourage children to seek out new knowledge, to think for themselves and to apply their learning, and provide access to a vast array of experiences, all of which prepare them for the challenges of life beyond school and an appreciation of their world.
- Attractive and extensive grounds - these include a playground, wooded area, playing field, wildlife pond and a dedicated Forest School zone. The children love our outdoor activity trails and quiet seating areas.
We welcome visits so that you can learn more about what we can offer. We hold a number of tours annually during the Autumn term in readiness for Reception admission deadlines but we are also very happy to accommodate visits at other times if these are not convenient. Please call us on 01483 473315 or email email@example.com to make arrangements or just pop in and speak to a member of our team.
We look forward to meeting you and your family and hope you will be assured that, if you choose Brookwood School, your children will be nurtured and encouraged to achieve their potential.
There are links to our 2022-23 and 2023-24 Admissions Arrangements below for your information.
Use this form for Applications for Reception places:
Use this form for all other applications:
|Admissions Arrangements 2023-2024||01st Sep 2022||Download|
|Admissions Arrangements 2022-2023||01st Sep 2022||Download|
|Admissions Arrangements 2024-2025||17th Jan 2023||Download|
|Presentation for Prospective Year R Admissions||17th Jan 2023||Download|
|Presentation for Prospective Military Admissions||17th Jan 2023||Download|
|School Admissions Appeal Timetable 2023||26th Jan 2023||Download|