The Primary PE and Sport Premium is Government funding to help primary schools achieve self-sustaining improvements to their physical education, physical activity and sport provision.
At Brookwood Primary school, our aim is provide opportunties for our children to work with external sports providers, enhance our staff expertise in delivering PE through CPD and increase our children's engagement in competitive sports competitions.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across through the use of the Sports Premium:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport